UK: M&S To Expand Autograph Line Into Menswear
Struggling retailer Marks and Spencer is to expand its Autograph line of clothing into menswear, a company spokesperson confirmed today.Autograph, currently a women's only range, is due to get a facelift too with new designers coming on board to design forthcoming collections.The expanded range is due to launch on 29 August, the Marks and Spencer representative said.The announcement comes after numerous attempts throughout the year to update the beleaguered store's image. Marks and Spencer has seen its profits and share price plunge in the past two years, a period marked by boardroom rows and upheavals.Its new autumn/winter womenswear collection was given a tepid reception in July and sales figures were uninspiring. New chairman Luc Vandevelde blamed polarization within the UK clothing market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack