UK: M&S To Expand Autograph Line Into Menswear
Struggling retailer Marks and Spencer is to expand its Autograph line of clothing into menswear, a company spokesperson confirmed today.Autograph, currently a women's only range, is due to get a facelift too with new designers coming on board to design forthcoming collections.The expanded range is due to launch on 29 August, the Marks and Spencer representative said.The announcement comes after numerous attempts throughout the year to update the beleaguered store's image. Marks and Spencer has seen its profits and share price plunge in the past two years, a period marked by boardroom rows and upheavals.Its new autumn/winter womenswear collection was given a tepid reception in July and sales figures were uninspiring. New chairman Luc Vandevelde blamed polarization within the UK clothing market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report