UK: M&S to launch four European websites
UK retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) will launch localised consumer websites in Germany, Spain, Austria and Belgium in November as part of its international growth strategy.
The websites, which will trade in euros, and offer the preferred local language, payment and delivery options. The localised sites will offer women's wear, men's wear, lingerie, children's wear and a selection of homeware. The move follows the roll-out of websites in France and Ireland.
Chief executive Marc Bolland said: "This is us moving forward with our plan to transform M&S from traditional British retailer to a leading international, multi-channel retailer.
"M&S is a brand that's synonymous with British quality, style and value and this move enables us to extend the reach of our brand to more new markets."
M&S currently operates 390 international stores across Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
MARKS & SPENCER TO LAUNCH NEW WEBSITES IN FOUR EUROPEAN MARKETS AS PART OF ITS ONGOING INTERNATIONAL MULTI-CHANNEL STRATEGY
Marks & Spencer (M&S) today announces it will enter four new European markets on Monday 19 November, with the launch of localised customer websites in Germany, Spain, Austria and Belgium.
The move, which is part of M&S' ongoing strategy to become a leading international, multi-channel retailer, marks significant progress against plans outlined in May 2012 to trade online in ten international markets this financial year and follows the successful launch of websites in France and Ireland.
M&S will launch with a fully localised offer for each of these European markets. The sites will trade in Euros and offer the preferred local language, payment and delivery options.
In all four countries M&S products are already in demand with online shoppers using its international delivery service, which sees products delivered to over 80 countries via the UK website. The four markets are amongst the most popular delivery destinations and localising the offer will help M&S grow its business and take its customer engagement in these markets to another level.
Marc Bolland, Chief Executive of Marks & Spencer, said: "This is us moving forward with our plan to transform M&S from traditional British retailer to a leading international, multi-channel retailer. M&S is a brand that's synonymous with British quality, style and value and this move enables us to extend the reach of our brand to more new markets."
Laura Wade-Gery, Executive Director, E-Commerce Multi-channel at Marks & Spencer commented: "Entering these countries with online capabilities allows us to serve customers right across some of the biggest and fastest growing online fashion markets in Europe. Since 2008 we've been in dialogue with the customers who already use our international delivery service and we've learnt much from them.
With our new sites we can provide customers with what they want - a fully localised service that enables them to shop with M&S in the way they want to."
The new websites will provide customers with access to a comprehensive range of over 15,000 stylish, quality M&S products, including womenswear, lingerie, menswear, kidswear, and a selection of homeware.
In the UK, M&S is pioneering a leading multi-channel offer across web, mobile and in-store innovation. Its popular Shop Your Way service provides customers with flexible, convenient order and delivery options - including free next day collection from its stores.
Notes to Editors:
· From Wednesday 31st October the landing pages of the new M&S websites will be found at:
· The new online capabilities are part of M&S' strategy announced at its November 2010 business update to become a leading international, multi-channel retailer. To do this, M&S will set up tailored websites for specific local markets - its first international website, www.marksandspencer.fr launched in October 2011 and www.marksandspencer.ie, launched in April 2012.
About Marks & Spencer
· Marks & Spencer is one of the UK's leading retailers and employs more than 81,000 people worldwide. M&S sells high quality, great value clothing and home products as well as outstanding quality food. Over 20 million customers visit its UK stores each week and its website receives over 3.4 million weekly visitors. · M&S was founded over 128 years ago and currently has over 730 UK stores and over 390 international stores across Europe, the Middle East and Asia, as well as a growing e-commerce offer.
Original source: Marks & Spencer
British fashion retailer Primark and Canadian brand Joe Fresh have confirmed that their garments were being manufactured in one of the Bangladesh factories that collapsed on Wednesday (24 April), kill...
Better-than-expected sales of its Ugg brand lifted first quarter sales at Deckers Outdoor Corporation, but higher sales costs and expenses weighed on its bottom line....
The most read stories on just-style this week include the collapse of a garment factory in Bangladesh, the extension of C&A's RFID project to 25 stores, and campaigners urging Foot Locker to cut ties ...
Lingerie company Van de Velde warned that the "very tough" consumer market was likely to negatively impact earnings for fiscal 2013, amid signs of falling sales among independent retailers across Euro...
Children's wear retailer The Children's Place has appointed its chief financial officer Michael Scarpa to the additional post of chief operating officer....
The Indian government has launched 21 new textile parks - a year and a half after they were first approved and less than a year after the funds were released....
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry