JORDAN: M&S to open first store
The store will offer women's wear, lingerie, footwear, accessories and beauty products
UK retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) will open its first store in Jordan next month with franchise partner Al-Futtaim Group as part of wider expansion plans in the region.
The 900 square metre store in the TAJ Lifestyle shopping centre in Amman will feature women's wear, lingerie, footwear, accessories and beauty. Brands will include Autograph, M&S Women, Limited Collection, Per Una and the Indigo Collection.
"Our new store in Amman will be the first of many new M&S stores planned for the Middle East over the next few years and will feature our latest womenswear, lingerie and beauty products," said Jan Heere, director of international at M&S.
Al-Futtaim Group already operates 18 M&S stores in UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, and Egypt.
Today, many if not most importers and retailers are making an honest effort to make Bangladesh a better place to work for customers, suppliers and workers alike. But recent events such as the collapse...
Outdoor clothing company Patagonia Inc is restructuring its business to focus on its environmental and social focus, including a new $20m investment fund to back start-up companies who share its ethic...
NGOs are increasing pressure on international clothing brands and retailers that source from Bangladesh to sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety following another fatal incident in a garment fac...
The US State Department, Department of Labor and Office of the US Trade Representative has engaged in talks with US buyers in Bangladesh's garment industry to discuss US Government engagement to impro...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Adidas launching a mobile phone pilot to monitor labour rights at one of its supplier factories, another fatal factory fire in Bangladesh, and uni...
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has seen its third-quarter losses widen due to a one-off cost, restructuring expenses, and lower sales. ...
Jo Jenkins has rejoined Marks & Spencer as the retailer's new director of lingerie and beauty....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)