JORDAN: M&S to open first store
The store will offer women's wear, lingerie, footwear, accessories and beauty products
UK retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) will open its first store in Jordan next month with franchise partner Al-Futtaim Group as part of wider expansion plans in the region.
The 900 square metre store in the TAJ Lifestyle shopping centre in Amman will feature women's wear, lingerie, footwear, accessories and beauty. Brands will include Autograph, M&S Women, Limited Collection, Per Una and the Indigo Collection.
"Our new store in Amman will be the first of many new M&S stores planned for the Middle East over the next few years and will feature our latest womenswear, lingerie and beauty products," said Jan Heere, director of international at M&S.
Al-Futtaim Group already operates 18 M&S stores in UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, and Egypt.
Today, many if not most importers and retailers are making an honest effort to make Bangladesh a better place to work for customers, suppliers and workers alike. But recent events such as the collapse...
Outdoor clothing company Patagonia Inc is restructuring its business to focus on its environmental and social focus, including a new $20m investment fund to back start-up companies who share its ethic...
NGOs are increasing pressure on international clothing brands and retailers that source from Bangladesh to sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety following another fatal incident in a garment fac...
The US State Department, Department of Labor and Office of the US Trade Representative has engaged in talks with US buyers in Bangladesh's garment industry to discuss US Government engagement to impro...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Adidas launching a mobile phone pilot to monitor labour rights at one of its supplier factories, another fatal factory fire in Bangladesh, and uni...
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has seen its third-quarter losses widen due to a one-off cost, restructuring expenses, and lower sales. ...
Jo Jenkins has rejoined Marks & Spencer as the retailer's new director of lingerie and beauty....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details