UK: M&S to open largest e-commerce warehouse
Retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) is set to open the UK's largest dedicated e-commerce warehouse early next year, which will distribute 2m clothing and home products a week to customer homes and M&S stores across the country.
The new 900,000 sq ft distribution centre in Castle Donington will employ more than 1,000 people - and will work with Remploy Employment Services to recruit people with disabilities and health conditions to its new warehouse roles.
"This new distribution centre will help us deliver our goal of being a leading multi-channel retailer by 2015," said Darrell Stein, director of IT and Logistics at Marks & Spencer.
"It will also allow us to better serve our customers with improved product availability and extended delivery options.
H&M is continuing to drive its sustainability agenda forward, with the release of its fifth annual sustainability report. ...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
The most read stories on just-style this week include M&S introducing body odour neutralising patches into suits, Bangladesh apparel companies fearing strikes will harm the sector, and the minimum wag...
Caerlee Mills, one of the oldest textile mills in Scotland, has filed for provisional liquidation, after a slowdown in demand led to trading losses and increasing cash flow pressures....
UK footfall in February declined year-on-year after a mixed month for retailers, according to data released today (27 March)....
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Erin Stern as its executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of the Maurices brand....
Marks & Spencer is incorporating patches in its suits that soak up and neutralise body odour. ...
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras