UK: M&S to open largest e-commerce warehouse
Retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) is set to open the UK's largest dedicated e-commerce warehouse early next year, which will distribute 2m clothing and home products a week to customer homes and M&S stores across the country.
The new 900,000 sq ft distribution centre in Castle Donington will employ more than 1,000 people - and will work with Remploy Employment Services to recruit people with disabilities and health conditions to its new warehouse roles.
"This new distribution centre will help us deliver our goal of being a leading multi-channel retailer by 2015," said Darrell Stein, director of IT and Logistics at Marks & Spencer.
"It will also allow us to better serve our customers with improved product availability and extended delivery options.
H&M is continuing to drive its sustainability agenda forward, with the release of its fifth annual sustainability report. ...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
The most read stories on just-style this week include M&S introducing body odour neutralising patches into suits, Bangladesh apparel companies fearing strikes will harm the sector, and the minimum wag...
Caerlee Mills, one of the oldest textile mills in Scotland, has filed for provisional liquidation, after a slowdown in demand led to trading losses and increasing cash flow pressures....
UK footfall in February declined year-on-year after a mixed month for retailers, according to data released today (27 March)....
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Erin Stern as its executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of the Maurices brand....
Marks & Spencer is incorporating patches in its suits that soak up and neutralise body odour. ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead