UK: M&S To Open Outlet Stores By Christmas
Marks & Spencer has revealed it is to open three outlet stores, in Kent, Cheshire and Scotland by Christmas.The stores will be located in Ashford, Kent, Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire and Livingston, Scotland and will operate as a separate trading company called Marks & Spencer Outlet. They are part of BAA McArthurGlen's portfolio of designer outlet stores and will offer shoppers reductions of at least 30 per cent. The move is in response to a change in Mark & Spencer's approach to buying, which has seen the introduction of new ranges more frequently. Simon Goldstein, director of Marks & Spencer Outlet said: "This is about meeting the needs of customers. "We've listened to them and having the opportunity to purchase select products in outlet stores is something they'd like to see. We're confident these stores will be well received by shoppers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack