UK: M&S To Open Outlet Stores By Christmas
Marks & Spencer has revealed it is to open three outlet stores, in Kent, Cheshire and Scotland by Christmas.The stores will be located in Ashford, Kent, Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire and Livingston, Scotland and will operate as a separate trading company called Marks & Spencer Outlet. They are part of BAA McArthurGlen's portfolio of designer outlet stores and will offer shoppers reductions of at least 30 per cent. The move is in response to a change in Mark & Spencer's approach to buying, which has seen the introduction of new ranges more frequently. Simon Goldstein, director of Marks & Spencer Outlet said: "This is about meeting the needs of customers. "We've listened to them and having the opportunity to purchase select products in outlet stores is something they'd like to see. We're confident these stores will be well received by shoppers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022