UK: M&S To Open Outlet Stores By Christmas
Marks & Spencer has revealed it is to open three outlet stores, in Kent, Cheshire and Scotland by Christmas.The stores will be located in Ashford, Kent, Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire and Livingston, Scotland and will operate as a separate trading company called Marks & Spencer Outlet. They are part of BAA McArthurGlen's portfolio of designer outlet stores and will offer shoppers reductions of at least 30 per cent. The move is in response to a change in Mark & Spencer's approach to buying, which has seen the introduction of new ranges more frequently. Simon Goldstein, director of Marks & Spencer Outlet said: "This is about meeting the needs of customers. "We've listened to them and having the opportunity to purchase select products in outlet stores is something they'd like to see. We're confident these stores will be well received by shoppers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report