UK: M&S Womenswear Shows No Sign Of Turnaround - Paper
M&S chairman, Luc Vandevelde, faces more censure on Wednesday at the ailing retailer's AGM, reported the Telegraph. Despite management changes and new clothing lines, womenswear sales continue their freefall even as rivals such as Next report an upturn in fashion spending. Mr Vandevelde is expected to announce that like-for-like sales in general merchandise are down by eight per cent for the 14 weeks to July 7 compared with the same period last year. Food sales are on the up however, news which should soften the blow for M&S shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022