UK: M&S Workers Angry At Cuts To Overtime Pay
Although the retailer does not recognise a trade union, the Transport & General Workers Union plans to take up dozens of individual complaints with the store's internal grievance procedure, the Daily Mirror reported.
Union bosses say each complaint will have to be looked into because the cuts amount to a change in contract conditions.
Union spokesman Brian Revell told the paper: "We are determined to take action and will be pursuing individual grievances on behalf of our members. Clearly we believe M&S should recognise trade unions and bargain with us collectively.
"We have no alternative but to take up members' claims on an individual basis. M&S should accept that unions have a legitimate role in their business."
But an M&S spokeswoman said: "Staff have been happy to deal with our Business Involvement Group which is designed to act as a network to inform staff and involve them in decision-making."
Companies: Marks & Spencer Group Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Struggling high-street chain Marks and Spencer is giving its employees dance lessons in another push to turn around its flagging fortunes....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar