UK: M&S workers to pocket GBP56m from share scheme
Marks & Spencer's (M&S) workers are looking forward to a collective GBP56m (US$108.19m) bonus following a surge in the retailer's share price.
M&S said about 12,000 employees - mostly store workers - will pocket between GBP1,000 and GBP45,000 from their participation in the firm's Sharesave scheme.
CEO Stuart Rose said: "We're delighted that so many of our people have benefited from Sharesave and that their faith in M&S has been rewarded."
The company's return to popularity has driven its share price from 282p three years ago to more than 700p in the past few weeks.
Recovering retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) is cautiously optimistic on future trading after posting higher organic sales for its sixth quarter in a row....
The market for moisture management fabrics is set to grow as apparel manufacturers shift their attention to the high-performance end of the sector and consumers place increasing importance on the perf...
The Italians are Europe's biggest spenders on clothes, at an average of GBP602 each last year, according to a new report out today (6 July)....
Hanesbrands is to shift some underwear and apparel production away from Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic after deciding these countries are too expensive. But how long will it and other companie...
London-based private equity fund Permira has increased its stake in Valentino Fashion Group SpA to 60.2% as it prepares to launch a full buyout offer for the Italian luxury-goods maker....
Bombay Rayon Apparels, a unit of fabric and shirt maker Bombay Rayon Fashions Ltd, is to buy the garment business of Leela Scottish Lace for INR1.55bn (US$38m)....
The Pakistan government is giving more support to the textile and garment industry by extending its Research & Development (R&D) assistance for another 12 months to June 2008....
Sales in the US plus-size and big-and-tall clothing market are expected to balloon by nearly 41% over the next five years as the country's obesity rate continues to grow, according to a new report....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020