UK: M&S's European Workers To Stage Protest Against Closures
Thousands of demonstrators will stage a protest in central London this Thursday against plans by Marks & Spencer to shut down its stores on the Continent, the Daily Telegraph reported. Up to 5,000 workers from Britain, France, Belgium and Spain are expected to gather near the company's head office in Baker Street before walking to its flagship store at Marble Arch and then along Park Lane to Hyde Park Corner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"