UK: Mulberry hires group commercial director from LVMH
UK luxury fashion company Mulberry Group has appointed Steven Newey to the newly-created role of group commercial director.
Newy most recently served as general manager for Europe and the Middle-East at Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH-owned brand Berluti. He has also held positions at Loro Piana, Alfred Dunhill, and Tommy Hilfiger.
Mulberry, meanwhile, declined to comment on reports its supply chain director, Ian Scott, is to leave the business.
At the beginning of this year, Mulberry issued a profit warning on tough UK trading at Christmas and order cancellations in South Korea.
The group's total retail sales were down 3% in the 17 weeks to 25 January, and down 7% for the last eight weeks of that period.
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
PVH Corp is in prime position to capitalise on a number of macro trends in the apparel and footwear market, such as the menswear renaissance and the growth of affordable luxury. The strong brand equit...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the decision by Target Corporation to shut its Canadian stores, news that talks are underway on a minimum wage in Myanmar, and feedback from the g...
US clothing giant PVH Corp and Australasian apparel supplier and retailer Gazal Corp are extending the scope of their Australian joint venture with the addition of new brands....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape