UK: Mulberry hires group commercial director from LVMH
UK luxury fashion company Mulberry Group has appointed Steven Newey to the newly-created role of group commercial director.
Newy most recently served as general manager for Europe and the Middle-East at Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH-owned brand Berluti. He has also held positions at Loro Piana, Alfred Dunhill, and Tommy Hilfiger.
Mulberry, meanwhile, declined to comment on reports its supply chain director, Ian Scott, is to leave the business.
At the beginning of this year, Mulberry issued a profit warning on tough UK trading at Christmas and order cancellations in South Korea.
The group's total retail sales were down 3% in the 17 weeks to 25 January, and down 7% for the last eight weeks of that period.
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
PVH Corp is in prime position to capitalise on a number of macro trends in the apparel and footwear market, such as the menswear renaissance and the growth of affordable luxury. The strong brand equit...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the decision by Target Corporation to shut its Canadian stores, news that talks are underway on a minimum wage in Myanmar, and feedback from the g...
US clothing giant PVH Corp and Australasian apparel supplier and retailer Gazal Corp are extending the scope of their Australian joint venture with the addition of new brands....
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Is China really going through a slump?
- UK retailers key to domestic manufacturing growth
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- C&A steps up sustainability at top-rated suppliers
- US Q1 in brief: Buckle, Destination XL