UK: Mulberry looking for global growth
UK luxury brand Mulberry is looking for international growth, having posted sales increases for the first half of its 2006 financial year.
Sales were up by 8% to GBP20.7m (US$40.62m) from GBP19.1m, while same-store retail sales in its UK shops and concessions for the nine weeks to 9 December were 7% higher than the prior year comparative period.
Mulberry also posted a 10% increase in operating profit to GBP2.5m compared with GBP2.2m last year, according to Sharecast.
"Our emphasis in the current year is to continue the development of Mulberry as a global brand. The growth in sales this year will be modest as we digest and consolidate the substantial gains made last year," the luxury company said.
Accessories remain the primary focus in all markets for Mulberry, which is also planning to open new shops in Glasgow and Terminal 3 at Heathrow, according to reports.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Paul Charron, chief executive officer of Liz Claiborne Inc, believes that clothing suppliers will increasingly move towards a hybrid model where they are both manufacturer and retailer. In an exclusiv...
Men's luxury firm Henry Jacobson has signed a joint-venture licensing deal with Artex International for three different markets....
Dunavska Koprina (or Dunav Silk), Bulgaria's only silk fabric producer, is piloting a major new project to help re-establish the country's silk industry....
Mulberry Group has announced that yearly pre-tax profit is up three-fold to GBP6.2m (US$11.3m), as the British design company paid its first dividend since 1998....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022