UK: Mulberry Sees Better-Than-Expected FY Results
Luxury retailer Mulberry Group says financial results for the year ending 31 March are likely to top market predictions as its underlying trends continue to be positive.
According to the company, orders from the US and Asian markets are ahead of plan and will be in excess of £1 million. Most of these will be exported before the end of the financial year.
Like-for-like sales in full-price UK shops increased 14 per cent for the 14 weeks ended 1 January 2005, and 15 per cent for the five weeks ended the same date.
Orders for key leather goods, especially women's handbags, have continued to increase well, the company said.
Mulberry Group said yesterday (8 December) that concentrating on its core products of handbags and leather accessories had helped it achieve a 59% increase in sales in the first half of the year....
Retail entrepreneur Kevin Stanford has increased his stake in high-street chain Marks & Spencer to £50 million with the purchase of an extra 5.9m shares in the business....
The growing importance of Russia and the Middle East as major markets for UK fashion and accessories was highlighted at last week's presentation in London of the 2004 UK Fashion Export Awards, with Mu...
Luxury goods brand Mulberry Plc has reported a 50 per cent leap in its spring sales, attributed to the company's continuous strategy to turn around its image....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020