US: Mulligan named new Target CFO
Retail giant Target Corporation has named John Mulligan as the company’s new CFO, promoting him from his previous position as senior vice president, finance.
Mulligan takes up the post on 1 April, replacing Doug Scovanner, the company’s CFO for the past 18 years, who will stay on in a part-time capacity until November this year.
Mulligan has been with Target for 16 years, in various roles in finance, Target.com and HR, and was most recently responsible for treasury, internal and external financial reporting and financial operations.
“John brings significant financial experience and strategic perspective to this new role,” said Gregg Steinhafel, Target chairman, president and CEO.
“I am confident that he will sustain the financial discipline and stewardship Target has enjoyed during Doug’s tenure, and believe John’s strong leadership and record of performance make him a valuable addition to our Target executive team.”
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' April 2012 sales results....
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Bangladesh workers in constructive employer talks
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Joint programme to promote compliance in Pakistan
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details