USA: Murray Joins Stage Stores As Executive VP
Stage Stores Inc has appointed Cynthia Murray to replace Vivian McDonald as executive vice president, general merchandise manager.
Murray has been in the retail industry for almost 25 years, most recently as senior vice president, merchandising - stores and catalogue, at apparel company Talbots.
She will oversee the company's sportswear, junior sportswear, special sizes, accessories, cosmetics, dresses, home and gifts, outerwear, and swimwear departments, and will report to chairman, president and chief executive officer Jim Scarborough.
Murray takes up the post on 2 August.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US retailer Stage Stores overcame the difficulties posed by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita to post record sales in financial 2005....
Retailer and catalogue company Talbots has reported a jump in fourth quarter income. It was not enough, however, for the company to avoid reporting a fall in income for the full year....
Stage Stores has announced the promotions of two of its senior executives....
Family goods retailer Stage Stores said it has applied for listing of its common stock on the New York Stock Exchange, and anticipates its stock will start trading on the exchange on 16 March under th...
Family apparel retailer Stage Stores has acquired privately owned department store chain BC Moore & Sons for approximately US$37.0m in cash....
Apparel chain Talbots has signed a merger deal to buy all outstanding shares of ladies' wear retailer The J Jill Group for about US$517m....
Specialty retailer Talbots said poor September sales drove down third-quarter profit by 27 per cent....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' September sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts