AUSTRALIA: Myer Grace Boss Quits As Eck Appoints Flick
McCartney, who resigned yesterday, had been instrumental in managing the recovery in earnings at the Myer Grace Brothers department store and had been considered a strong contender for Eck's position at the end of his fixed-term appointment in two years.
Sources said McCartney's decision to quit follows an announcement earlier this week by Coles Myer chief executive, Dennis Eck. Eck proclaimed that former American Kmart executive, Warren Flick, had been appointed as chief operating officer of the Myer Grace division and Coles Myer's apparel and homewares division. McCartney is rumoured to be disgruntled that he was not properly consulted about the appointment.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
German clothing firm Hugo Boss has criticised the Turkish government's tax policy in the country's free trade zones, saying that they have prevented the company from setting up a major production hub ...
Wang Shenyang, Chairman of China Chamber of Commerce for Imports and Exports of Textiles, said that Pakistan and China need to work with each other to boost the development of textiles trade....
Luxury goods giant Hugo Boss AG plans to grow sales from its Boss Woman unit by approximately 30 per cent to almost €90 million this year, chief executive officer Bruno Saelzer told German magazine Eu...
Italian clothing and textiles group Marzotto does not plan any "extraordinary operations" for the Hugo Boss brand, Reuters quoted chairman Antonio Favrin as saying....
Luxury goods company Hugo Boss AG is planning to grow its shoes and accessories divisions over the coming years in order to capitalise on growing sales in those sectors, Financial Times Deutschland qu...
Upmarket apparel manufacturer Delta Galil Industries Ltd has reported a $3.0 million preliminary first-quarter net loss, attributable to a sales decrease and the erosion of selling prices to a portion...
Luxury brand Hugo Boss AG plans to grow the share of ladies' clothing sales in the group to one third by 2013, chief executive Bruno Saelzer told Focus-Money magazine....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective