USA: Mystery Firms Eye VF Corp's Healthtex Line
Apparel giant VF Corp on Wednesday said it has been approached by several firms interested in acquiring its Healthtex line of children's clothing.
The North Carolina-based company's vice president of financial and corporate communication, Cindy Knoebel, did not reveal the interested parties' names but said a decision could be made as early as the end of this month.
The Healthtex line of kids' apparel is sold in department stores such as Kohl's Corp and Sears Roebuck & Co but sales slumped 15 per cent in the first quarter with looking at options for its playwear business
"We love the Healthtex brand, but the children's market, over the last couple of years in particular, has been very difficult," Knoebel said.
"It's a more fragmented market in terms of brands and brand share. The top brands only have a couple of percentage points of market share, so it's very hard to get a lot of volume and economies of scale."
VF, whose brands include Wrangler, Lee and Vanity Fair, last week cut its second quarter profit and sales outlook citing "difficult retail conditions" which have led to stores cutting inventories.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Mid-price department store chain Kohl's Corporation said first-quarter net income rose 10 per cent on both net sales and same-store sales growth....
Family retailer Kohl's Corporation has signed a license agreement with boadriding brand Quiksilver Inc for a range of Tony Hawk-branded clothing....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
Sears Holdings Corp and Latina Media Ventures, which publishes Latina magazine, have signed a deal to launch an apparel, footwear and bag collection aimed at Hispanic women....
Apparel company VF Corp has set up a new company in partnership with designer John Varvatos after two years of uncertainty over Varvatos's brand, according to executives quoted by the New York Post....
Branded apparel company VF Corporation has completed its acquisition of surf-inspired footwear business Reef Holdings Corporation....
US retail giant Sears Holding Corp is planning a "mass layoff" of at least 500 employees at its Chicago headquarters, according to a revised report filed with the state's Department of Commerce and Ec...
The following is a general round-up of apparel and shoe chains' March sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022