UK: N Brown bucks downturn as FY profit soars 19%
N Brown Group Plc, the internet and catalogue home shopping group that caters for mature and plus-sized customers, today (29 April) posted a 19.4% jump in full-year pre-tax profit and said its new financial year has got off to an encouraging start.
For the 53 weeks to 1 March, profit rose to GBP78m (US$153.9m), while revenues climbed 16.6% to GBP610.9m.
Like-for-like sales were up 12.5% and e-commerce sales soared by 50% to GBP168m.
The Group raised its final dividend by 20% to 6.41 pence.
Chief Executive Alan White said that key to the company's "excellent results" was the strength of its various brands, "from the established successes such as Simply Be and JD Williams to the newly-launched Marisota and Jacamo."
He added: "The strategy we have in place, together with our strong management and operational team, means we are well positioned to deliver another good performance this year."
Current trading for the eight weeks to 26 April shows home shopping sales are up 12.1% the company said, adding that it is confident of "further progress" this year.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Home shopping firm N Brown Group Plc has posted a 19.6% jump in first half pre-tax profit, helped by growth across all its customer groups and product ranges, and is confident it can continue to deliv...
Footwear company Brown Shoe Company has posted net earnings in the second quarter down 77.4% to $2.2m, including costs of $0.15 per diluted share from the relocation of its Famous Footwear division he...
Apparel brand Joseph Abboud has tied up a deal with the US National Football League (NFL) to be the official off-field clothier of the NFL "Coaches Club" for the next three years....
Department store operator Lord and Taylor is to launch a new men's wear collection called Black Brown 1826, created by fashion designer Joseph Abboud....
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters Inc has completed a lengthy search to fill the top slot at its Anthropologie brand by dividing the role between two senior executives....
Tim Meyer has been appointed as the new senior vice president, finance - retail division at footwear operator Brown Shoe Company....
Brown Shoe Company Inc is to implement the SAP enterprise resource management (ERP) platform to support its growth strategy while streamlining and transforming day-to-day operations....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020