UK: N Brown names Spindler as CEO
Internet and catalogue retailer N Brown has poached The Original Factory Shop's CEO Angela Spindler to lead the business.
She will join the business, which operates the Figleaves, Jacamo and Simply Be brands, before 1 July and succeed Alan White, who after 25 years with the company, the last 10 years as CEO, is set to retire and build a portfolio of non-executive roles.
"We are delighted that Angela has decided to join N Brown and lead it through the next phase of its exciting growth," said chairman Andrew Higginson.
"She brings a tremendous breadth of experience to the role, most recently as a successful CEO, and the board firmly believes she has the personal qualities to lead the team, and the business, as it continues its growth online and internationally.
"I would like to say a particular thank you to Alan White, who has helped me to settle in, and who will stay on to ensure a proper handover to Angela."
Given their rapid evolution over recent years, it is difficult to predict where ERP and PLM will be a few years from now. Increased compatibility, cloud-based systems, social media mining, and on-dema...
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
The group of 70 retailers and brands that have signed up to the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh have agreed to inspect all of their supplier factories in the country within the next n...
UK retailer N Brown Group has today (2 July) reported an 8% increase in first-quarter revenue, driven by strong growth in men's wear and footwear....
President Obama should suspend US trade preferences for Bangladesh until the country makes "marked progress" on worker safety, according to nine Senators....
UK supermarket operator Sainsbury's is set to re-launch its Tu clothing range this week as part of efforts to grow its non-food business. ...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024