UK: N Brown's £500m Littlewoods Takeover Talks Collapse
N Brown's proposed £500m takeover of the beleaguered Littlewoods business is off press reports revealed. The talks were abandoned when details of the deal were made public. There is no chance that the talks will be resumed, representatives for the companies said. A spokesperson for N Brown, the home shopping group controlled by Sir David Alliance and his family, said: "N Brown confirms that preliminary discussions were held with Littlewoods concerning a possible combination of their businesses, but that these discussions have now been discontinued."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs