US: NAF Holdings and Hampshire extend offer period
Investment group NAF Holdings and US knitwear company Hampshire Group are extending the proposed tender offer from NAF to 24 April.
The offer was previously set to expire last Friday (17 April), by which point an aggregate of approximately 4,673,376 shares of Hampshire common stock had been tendered, representing more than 85% of the outstanding shares of common stock.
The tender offer was conditioned on there being validly tendered at least 81.71% of the outstanding shares of common stock.
However, the offer is being extended in connection with an amendment to the Plan of Merger that the company will have available funds free and clear of all liens and in an amount no less than US$38m (less certain amounts designated by NAF) in its accounts. A statement said this has been amended to provide that the company will have available funds free and clear of all liens and in an amount no less than $37m (less certain amounts designated by NAF).
NAF tabled its tender offer for all outstanding shares of Hampshire common stock at a cash price of US$5.55 per share in February.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US apparel maker Hampshire Group has reported a widened loss for the second quarter as a result of a decline in gross profit related to decreased net sales, and restructuring costs....
Apparel company Hampshire Group has named Heath Golden as its president and chief executive officer and Howard Zwilling as president of its women's division....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022