USA: Nano-Tex Boosts Business Development Team
Fabric innovation company Nano-Tex has appointed three industry veterans to its North American business development team.
The new hires will focus on driving adoption of Nano-Tex treatments within high-growth market segments in the home furnishings and apparel markets, including upholstery, linens, activewear and intimate apparel.
Marilyn Werner has joined Nano-Tex as a vice president of business development with a focus on apparel in the New York area. Werner is an expert in the fibre, textile and apparel business with 27 years of experience.
Before joining Nano-Tex, Werner was responsible for developing marketing development strategies to gain brand adoption of enhancements from DuPont Textiles and Interiors.
Nicole Nelson has joined Nano-Tex as a vice president of business development and will head the company's activewear and intimate apparel initiatives. Previously at Unifi, Nelson led product development, with responsibilities ranging from product conception to commercialisation.
Wendy Riley has also joined Nano-Tex as a vice president of business development, responsible for building and leading home furnishings accounts nationwide. Most recently, Riley was responsible for management of key retail accounts at Newell Rubbermaid, where her duties included national account expansion, strategic evolution and new business development.
Renee Hultin, president of the Americas at Nano-Tex, said: "In the past year alone, we more than doubled the number of mills, brands and products utilising Nano-Tex treatments.
"With an expanded team, we will continue to drive the adoption of our technology into new categories of the apparel and home furnishings markets."
Nano-Tex develops and markets a range of nanotechnology-based textile treatments that improve the performance of everyday fabrics.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
Sporting goods maker adidas has tapped Nano-Tex to add a new level of comfort to shorts and pants in its Yocum activewear line....
New Balance Performance Outerwear, the newest licensee of New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc, has teamed up with Nano-Tex to fuse fashion and performance in its new, vintage-inspired Circa V outerwear line...
International textile companies including Zegna, Marzotto, and Ziche are to meet in Padua, Italy, next month to discuss the benefits of nanotechnologies in helping their businesses stay ahead of the c...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022