USA: Nano-Tex Expands North American Team
Nano-Tex LLC, developer of nanotechnology-based textile treatments, has added two retail and textile veterans to its North American business development team.
Eileen Abajian has joined Nano-Tex as a vice president of business development and will be focusing on West Coast accounts.
Previously at DuPont-Invista, Abajian led business development efforts to drive penetration of DuPont's performance fibres and finishes among major American apparel brands and retailers, including Levi-Dockers, Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, The North Face, Bebe and Eddie Bauer.
Rita Ratskoff also joined Nano-Tex as a vice president of business development and will be covering Midwest accounts. Ratskoff brings more than 25 years of experience in the fibre, textile and apparel businesses, most recently as retail manager for DuPont-Invista.
Nano-Tex says the appointments will help it expand into new product and retail categories.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
Nylon maker Nilit is to purchase Invista's nylon apparel fibre facility in Oestringen, Germany and buy the entire nylon apparel fibre product produced by Invista at its plant in Gloucester, UK....
Fibres business Invista has appointed three new members to its board of directors to replace members who are leaving to join Georgia-Pacific....
Fibers Mexico, an affiliate of fibre giant Invista, has bought Alfa's stake in its apparel business facility in Monterrey, Mexico. The financial terms of the sale were not disclosed....
Global fashion houses Hugo Boss, René Lezard and Paul Stuart have launched apparel enhanced with Nano-Tex Resists Spills fabric treatment....
Market trend and merchandising strategy source The Doneger Group has appointed Janine Blain to head up its new West Coast operations....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre