USA: Nano-Tex Expands North American Team
Nano-Tex LLC, developer of nanotechnology-based textile treatments, has added two retail and textile veterans to its North American business development team.
Eileen Abajian has joined Nano-Tex as a vice president of business development and will be focusing on West Coast accounts.
Previously at DuPont-Invista, Abajian led business development efforts to drive penetration of DuPont's performance fibres and finishes among major American apparel brands and retailers, including Levi-Dockers, Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, The North Face, Bebe and Eddie Bauer.
Rita Ratskoff also joined Nano-Tex as a vice president of business development and will be covering Midwest accounts. Ratskoff brings more than 25 years of experience in the fibre, textile and apparel businesses, most recently as retail manager for DuPont-Invista.
Nano-Tex says the appointments will help it expand into new product and retail categories.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
Nylon maker Nilit is to purchase Invista's nylon apparel fibre facility in Oestringen, Germany and buy the entire nylon apparel fibre product produced by Invista at its plant in Gloucester, UK....
Fibres business Invista has appointed three new members to its board of directors to replace members who are leaving to join Georgia-Pacific....
Fibers Mexico, an affiliate of fibre giant Invista, has bought Alfa's stake in its apparel business facility in Monterrey, Mexico. The financial terms of the sale were not disclosed....
Global fashion houses Hugo Boss, René Lezard and Paul Stuart have launched apparel enhanced with Nano-Tex Resists Spills fabric treatment....
Market trend and merchandising strategy source The Doneger Group has appointed Janine Blain to head up its new West Coast operations....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015