USA: Nano-Tex Expands North American Team
Nano-Tex LLC, developer of nanotechnology-based textile treatments, has added two retail and textile veterans to its North American business development team.
Eileen Abajian has joined Nano-Tex as a vice president of business development and will be focusing on West Coast accounts.
Previously at DuPont-Invista, Abajian led business development efforts to drive penetration of DuPont's performance fibres and finishes among major American apparel brands and retailers, including Levi-Dockers, Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, The North Face, Bebe and Eddie Bauer.
Rita Ratskoff also joined Nano-Tex as a vice president of business development and will be covering Midwest accounts. Ratskoff brings more than 25 years of experience in the fibre, textile and apparel businesses, most recently as retail manager for DuPont-Invista.
Nano-Tex says the appointments will help it expand into new product and retail categories.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
Nylon maker Nilit is to purchase Invista's nylon apparel fibre facility in Oestringen, Germany and buy the entire nylon apparel fibre product produced by Invista at its plant in Gloucester, UK....
Fibres business Invista has appointed three new members to its board of directors to replace members who are leaving to join Georgia-Pacific....
Fibers Mexico, an affiliate of fibre giant Invista, has bought Alfa's stake in its apparel business facility in Monterrey, Mexico. The financial terms of the sale were not disclosed....
Global fashion houses Hugo Boss, René Lezard and Paul Stuart have launched apparel enhanced with Nano-Tex Resists Spills fabric treatment....
Market trend and merchandising strategy source The Doneger Group has appointed Janine Blain to head up its new West Coast operations....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar