US: Nano-Tex fabric finish specialist sold to Crypton
Performance fabric specialist Nano-Tex has been sold by private equity firm WL Ross and Co to textile company Crypton Inc for an undisclosed sum.
The deal, announced today (6 January), is described as a "strategic acquisition" by Randy Rubin, chairman of The Crypton Companies, that will "extend our market share with apparel throughout the world."
He added: "The intellectual properties and latest development, Aquapel, a non-fluorinated repellency treatment, is very exciting to our research team."
Nano-Tex's nanotechnology-based performance finishes provide permanent attributes such as stain and water resistance, moisture wicking, odour control, static elimination and wrinkle free properties.
Nano-Tex will now be headquartered at The Crypton Companies in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan but will maintain sales operations in the US, Asia, India and Europe.
In addition, the company will keep distribution centres in Hong Kong, Belgium, Mainland China, and the US.
WL Ross & Co, chaired by financier Wilbur Ross, invested in Nano-Tex eight years ago.
The Crypton Companies, meanwhile, specialises in fabrics offering stain, moisture and anti microbial resistance for the healthcare, hospitality, government, education and contract segments.
Nordstrom, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
The deal by Men's Wearhouse to acquire US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has been given the green light by The Federal Trade Commission (FTC)....
Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
Lectra is joining forces with Spectraflow to offer a range of colour management solutions for fashion and apparel designers from conception to production....
Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017...
The first round of inspection reports released by the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety show that "dozens of deficiencies" have been identified in every garment factory. And the group now has just...
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey