US: Nano-Tex fabric finish specialist sold to Crypton
Performance fabric specialist Nano-Tex has been sold by private equity firm WL Ross and Co to textile company Crypton Inc for an undisclosed sum.
The deal, announced today (6 January), is described as a "strategic acquisition" by Randy Rubin, chairman of The Crypton Companies, that will "extend our market share with apparel throughout the world."
He added: "The intellectual properties and latest development, Aquapel, a non-fluorinated repellency treatment, is very exciting to our research team."
Nano-Tex's nanotechnology-based performance finishes provide permanent attributes such as stain and water resistance, moisture wicking, odour control, static elimination and wrinkle free properties.
Nano-Tex will now be headquartered at The Crypton Companies in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan but will maintain sales operations in the US, Asia, India and Europe.
In addition, the company will keep distribution centres in Hong Kong, Belgium, Mainland China, and the US.
WL Ross & Co, chaired by financier Wilbur Ross, invested in Nano-Tex eight years ago.
The Crypton Companies, meanwhile, specialises in fabrics offering stain, moisture and anti microbial resistance for the healthcare, hospitality, government, education and contract segments.
US apparel maker Hanesbrands is gearing up to integrate newly-acquired DBApparel into its business using its its Innovate-to-Elevate platform and low-cost global supply chain as a lever for growth....
Nordstrom, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Introduction Womenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018)......
Introduction Menswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). ......
Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024