US: Nano-Tex fabric finish specialist sold to Crypton
Performance fabric specialist Nano-Tex has been sold by private equity firm WL Ross and Co to textile company Crypton Inc for an undisclosed sum.
The deal, announced today (6 January), is described as a "strategic acquisition" by Randy Rubin, chairman of The Crypton Companies, that will "extend our market share with apparel throughout the world."
He added: "The intellectual properties and latest development, Aquapel, a non-fluorinated repellency treatment, is very exciting to our research team."
Nano-Tex's nanotechnology-based performance finishes provide permanent attributes such as stain and water resistance, moisture wicking, odour control, static elimination and wrinkle free properties.
Nano-Tex will now be headquartered at The Crypton Companies in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan but will maintain sales operations in the US, Asia, India and Europe.
In addition, the company will keep distribution centres in Hong Kong, Belgium, Mainland China, and the US.
WL Ross & Co, chaired by financier Wilbur Ross, invested in Nano-Tex eight years ago.
The Crypton Companies, meanwhile, specialises in fabrics offering stain, moisture and anti microbial resistance for the healthcare, hospitality, government, education and contract segments.
US apparel maker Hanesbrands is gearing up to integrate newly-acquired DBApparel into its business using its its Innovate-to-Elevate platform and low-cost global supply chain as a lever for growth....
Introduction Menswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). ......
Apparel Retail in United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Phoenix Footwear Group has booked a 71.6% jump in third-quarter net profit, thanks to higher sales....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape