USA: Nautica Enterprises Announces Second Quarter Results
Nautica Enterprises, Inc (NASDAQ: NAUT) today reported sales and earnings for its second quarter ended September 2, 2000. For the second quarter, net sales increased 11.3 per cent to $169.4m from $152.2m in the second quarter of last fiscal year. Net earnings were $13.4m compared to $14m in the prior year period. Diluted earnings per share increased to $0.41 from $0.38 and basic earnings per share increased to $0.43 from $0.41 in the second quarter of last year. For the six months ended September 2, 2000, net sales increased 15.6 per cent to $290.6m from $251.5m in the same period last year. Net earnings were $16.5m compared to $18.4m in the prior year period. Diluted earnings per share remained constant at $0.50 and basic earnings per share were $0.51 compared to $0.53 in the same period last year. Harvey Sanders, chairman and CEO of Nautica Enterprises said: "We continue to successfully execute our business diversification strategy and, during the second quarter, began to realize the benefit from investments made in our newer growth vehicles. Of particular note, our men's jeanswear line has been well received at retail and continues to gain significant door growth."Mr Sanders concluded: "Our core Nautica sportswear brand remains an important resource among our retail partners and has served as a platform from which we are able to incubate a pipeline of meaningful growth concepts. In a difficult retail environment, we remain optimistic regarding the second half of fiscal 2001 and our prospects for fiscal 2002."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar