VIETNAM: NBC begins construction of $2.4m garment plant
An Phat Garment Joint Stock Company (JSC), a subsidiary of Vietnam's leading garment maker Nha Be Garment JSC (NBC), has begun construction on a new $2.4m garment plant.
The facility, called Hoai An garment plant, is in the Doc Truong Soi industrial area of Binh Dinh province. The first phase of the plant will produce T- shirts for export, and will have an annual capacity of 2.4m products.
The factory is due to come into operation this year, and will employ 1,000 people. The second phase of its development will double capacity.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Top stories on just-style this week include news that clothing boosted UK retail sales to increase in September, Gap unveiled a new global structure to drive long-term growth and Levi Strauss & Co lau...
The production of sustainable apparel in China has a "blind spot" that wastes large amounts of energy and water, and causes pollution problems, says a new report....
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has launched a collection of jeans combining cotton with polyester fibre made from recycled bottles and food trays, as part of its ongoing sustainable design initiative....
Top stories on just-style this week include reports Li & Fung is in advanced talks to buy Synergies Worldwide, a look at the latest list of goods produced in countries that are suspected of using chil...
Leading apparel brands including Gap, Adidas and H&M Hennes & Mauritz are looking at ways to reduce pollution within their supply chains following accusations that they were purchasing clothing from s...
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has booked a 12.5% fall in third-quarter net profit on the back of weaker revenue in Asia Pacific as the company phases out the Denizen brand in the region....
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has revealed that Aaron Beng-Keong Boey, president of its Denizen brand and head of commercial operations for Asia Pacific has resigned....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts