AFRICA: Needs to widen trade focus - IMF report
Africa needs to broaden its focus during global trade discussions over issues such as cotton trade, according to an International Monetary Fund reported published on Monday.
The report, 'Africa in the Doha Round', said that Africa would gain from growing trade links with other developing countries
The paper explains that negotiators in World Trade Organization discussions could be too stuck on the issue of breaking into affluent countries' markets.
Forthcoming talks between the WTO's 148 member countries are expected to concentrate on rich-country agricultural subsidies.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth