UK: Neil Gillis unveiled as new Blacks boss
The new chief executive of outdoor retailer Blacks Leisure Group is Neil Gillis, the UK-based company has announced.
Gillis takes over with immediate effect and ends the company's five-month search for a new chief executive following the departure of Russell Hardy by mutual consent in June this year.
Most recently chief executive of health and fitness club company Esporta, Gillis has more than 20 years' experience of senior management in the UK consumer goods and leisure sectors. He has also worked for Greene King, Procter & Gamble, Cadbury and Heinz.
Blacks chairman David Bernstein said he was delighted with the appointment of Gillis. "He has an excellent record of achievement and the qualities to lead our group along the road to recovery," he added.
Gillis said: "This is a business in more high streets and locations across Britain than most and with a portfolio of brands with a special place in the nation's hearts. The next few years will be full of excitement and opportunity for us."
Keith Fleming, acting chief executive and finance director since June, will now revert to the roles of deputy chief executive and finance director.
Blacks recently announced a GBP0.6m (US$1.2m) loss in its first half of trading.
Outdoor retailer Blacks Leisure Group is to close the headquarters of its Sandcity subsidiary, merging its operations with the company's Freespirit division....
Outdoor clothing firm Blacks Leisure has identified a GBP2m (US$4.04m) deficit in the reported performance of its Sandcity boardwear subsidiary over the last two financial years years, leading to a re...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020