USA: Neiman Marcus Enjoys Jump In Q4 EPS, Outlook Bright
The Dallas-based company posted net earnings for the quarter ended August 2 of $7 million, or 15 cents per share, compared to net earnings of $5m, or 11 cents per share, in same period of last year.
Sales for the latest quarter climbed to $703m from $666m while for the full year net earnings rose to $109m, or $2.29 per diluted share, from $100m, or $2.08 per diluted share, in 2002 as sales edged up 5.1 per cent to $3.1 billion from $2.95bn.
President and CEO, Burton Tansky, said: "Overall, I am very pleased with our fiscal year 2003 results. Our focus on sales growth, inventory management and expense control contributed to a successful year in a particularly challenging period.
"In the last few months, we have seen an improvement in the retail environment. While these recent trends are encouraging, we remain committed to improving the operational efficiencies of our business.
"The initiatives we began in fiscal 2003, combined with our 2004 plans, position us to benefit in an improving economy."
He added the firm currently sees same-store sales for the current fiscal quarter up in the mid-single digit range.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The term 'wearable electronics' refers to the reliable, robust implementation of microelectronic circuits into innovative textiles or garments ('smart clothes') in a way that is suitable for everyday ...
Retail group Arcadia said it will upgrade its e-commerce platform with a five-year IBM contract....
UK retailers are reporting fluctuating custom following a better-than-anticipated December, according to analyst reports....
Retail tycoon Philip Green has criticised the stock of his store chain BHS as being 'poor', and 'off the boil' in comments reported yesterday....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022