US: Neiman Marcus names Downing as SVP, fashion director
Upscale retailer Neiman Marcus Stores has promoted Ken Downing to the position of senior vice president, fashion director.
In his new role, Downing will manage the New York City fashion office of Neiman Marcus and will be based at the store headquarters in Dallas, Texas.
President and chief executive Karen Katz said: "Ken's deep understanding of our customer, knowledge of our buying organisation and relationships within the fashion community make him an excellent choice for this key position."
The position had been open since the retirement of Joan Kaner last autumn.
Ken assumed his most recent position, vice president public relations, in 1997.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar