US: Neiman Marcus names Downing as SVP, fashion director
Upscale retailer Neiman Marcus Stores has promoted Ken Downing to the position of senior vice president, fashion director.
In his new role, Downing will manage the New York City fashion office of Neiman Marcus and will be based at the store headquarters in Dallas, Texas.
President and chief executive Karen Katz said: "Ken's deep understanding of our customer, knowledge of our buying organisation and relationships within the fashion community make him an excellent choice for this key position."
The position had been open since the retirement of Joan Kaner last autumn.
Ken assumed his most recent position, vice president public relations, in 1997.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report