US: Neiman Marcus Q1 profit up on rising sales
- Q1 net profit up 2.5% to US$49.6m
- Total revenues increased 6.5% to $1.07bn
- Comparable revenues rose 5.4%
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has seen its first-quarter net profit rise 2.5% on the back of higher sales of apparel, footwear and accessories.
Net earnings reached US$49.6m during the quarter to 27 October, compared with $48.4m last year.
Total revenues increased 6.5% to $1.07bn, against $1bn the prior year. Comparable revenues rose 5.4%.
The Dallas-based retailer said earlier this month that growth was driven by women's sportswear and shoes, men's, designer handbags and jewellery, with strong sales in the Southeast and Texas.
At its specialty retail stores, which include the Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman stores, revenues rose 4.9% to 851.3m, compared to $811.8m last year. Online revenues were up 13.5% to $217.2m against $191.3m the year before.
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has confirmed plans to scale back its physical operations in China, closing a warehouse set up to serve its online business in the country....
Omaha-based investment firm Waitt Company has acquired the Judith Leiber, Adrienne Vittadini and Taryn Rose brands as part of a co-investment with brand development company Authentic Brands Group....
Three US retailers have agreed to settle charges brought by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) of misleading consumers over "faux fur" clothing and footwear products....
Retailer Neiman Marcus improved its performance in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, boosting revenues by over 6% and adjusted earnings by nearly a quarter....
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Myanmar textile association to lift garment makers
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis