US: Neiman Marcus Q1 profit up on rising sales
- Q1 net profit up 2.5% to US$49.6m
- Total revenues increased 6.5% to $1.07bn
- Comparable revenues rose 5.4%
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has seen its first-quarter net profit rise 2.5% on the back of higher sales of apparel, footwear and accessories.
Net earnings reached US$49.6m during the quarter to 27 October, compared with $48.4m last year.
Total revenues increased 6.5% to $1.07bn, against $1bn the prior year. Comparable revenues rose 5.4%.
The Dallas-based retailer said earlier this month that growth was driven by women's sportswear and shoes, men's, designer handbags and jewellery, with strong sales in the Southeast and Texas.
At its specialty retail stores, which include the Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman stores, revenues rose 4.9% to 851.3m, compared to $811.8m last year. Online revenues were up 13.5% to $217.2m against $191.3m the year before.
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has confirmed plans to scale back its physical operations in China, closing a warehouse set up to serve its online business in the country....
Omaha-based investment firm Waitt Company has acquired the Judith Leiber, Adrienne Vittadini and Taryn Rose brands as part of a co-investment with brand development company Authentic Brands Group....
Three US retailers have agreed to settle charges brought by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) of misleading consumers over "faux fur" clothing and footwear products....
Retailer Neiman Marcus improved its performance in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, boosting revenues by over 6% and adjusted earnings by nearly a quarter....
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- TPP likely to lead to rise in US apparel imports
- Can supplier ratings reform purchasing practices?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- US Q1 in brief: Buckle, Destination XL
- Victoria's Secret discontinue swimwear to simplify
- Labour may limit Malaysia TPP apparel shipments