US: Neiman Marcus Q1 profit up on rising sales
- Q1 net profit up 2.5% to US$49.6m
- Total revenues increased 6.5% to $1.07bn
- Comparable revenues rose 5.4%
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has seen its first-quarter net profit rise 2.5% on the back of higher sales of apparel, footwear and accessories.
Net earnings reached US$49.6m during the quarter to 27 October, compared with $48.4m last year.
Total revenues increased 6.5% to $1.07bn, against $1bn the prior year. Comparable revenues rose 5.4%.
The Dallas-based retailer said earlier this month that growth was driven by women's sportswear and shoes, men's, designer handbags and jewellery, with strong sales in the Southeast and Texas.
At its specialty retail stores, which include the Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman stores, revenues rose 4.9% to 851.3m, compared to $811.8m last year. Online revenues were up 13.5% to $217.2m against $191.3m the year before.
Upscale department store operator Neiman Marcus has confirmed plans to scale back its physical operations in China, closing a warehouse set up to serve its online business in the country....
Omaha-based investment firm Waitt Company has acquired the Judith Leiber, Adrienne Vittadini and Taryn Rose brands as part of a co-investment with brand development company Authentic Brands Group....
Three US retailers have agreed to settle charges brought by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) of misleading consumers over "faux fur" clothing and footwear products....
Retailer Neiman Marcus improved its performance in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, boosting revenues by over 6% and adjusted earnings by nearly a quarter....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020