USA: Neiman Marcus Reports On 'Challenging' July
The Neiman Marcus Group, Inc announced July comparable revenues continued to reflect a challenging retail environment. As a result, higher markdowns on weaker-than-expected summer revenues are expected to impact the company's fourth quarter and full year earnings. July sales were slower and business was more promotional than anticipated, with deeper markdowns in this clearance month. The company also faced a difficult comparison against a double-digit per cent revenue gain last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands