USA: Neiman Marcus Reports On 'Challenging' July
The Neiman Marcus Group, Inc announced July comparable revenues continued to reflect a challenging retail environment. As a result, higher markdowns on weaker-than-expected summer revenues are expected to impact the company's fourth quarter and full year earnings. July sales were slower and business was more promotional than anticipated, with deeper markdowns in this clearance month. The company also faced a difficult comparison against a double-digit per cent revenue gain last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022