USA: NeimanMarcus.com Opens 3-D Blahnik Boutique
Just as a new study announces that women outnumber men online in the US, Neiman Marcus unveils its enhanced website for the fall season. NeimanMarcus.com features a completely new look and over 100 specialized boutiques, including the first place on the Internet where consumers with a standard modem or broadband connection speed can browse through a life-like, three-dimensional shopping environment with the look, feel and sensations of a real store.Designer Manolo Blahnik, whose shoes are preferred by Hollywood's elite, was chosen as the first vendor to receive the 3-D treatment. Available exclusively at NeimanMarcus.com, the online boutique is modeled on Blahnik's Manhattan shop and features 13 different pairs of shoes for sale and original sketches of his collection. Computer generated video allows customers to browse the entire store and click on a particular shoe to see a close-up view, just as they would in a bricks and mortar environment. Sunlight or moonlight shines through the windows depending on what time the site is accessed. The virtual boutique was created by RichFX, an e-commerce infrastructure company offering innovative technology for online shopping."Manolo Blahnik's collection of distinctive ladies shoes has been selling exceptionally well since we launched our e-commerce website last October,"said Karen Katz, president and CEO of Neiman Marcus Direct. "Combining this exciting technology with women's passion for shoes makes for a perfect fit."The fall launch of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack