USA: NeimanMarcus.com Opens 3-D Blahnik Boutique
Just as a new study announces that women outnumber men online in the US, Neiman Marcus unveils its enhanced website for the fall season. NeimanMarcus.com features a completely new look and over 100 specialized boutiques, including the first place on the Internet where consumers with a standard modem or broadband connection speed can browse through a life-like, three-dimensional shopping environment with the look, feel and sensations of a real store.Designer Manolo Blahnik, whose shoes are preferred by Hollywood's elite, was chosen as the first vendor to receive the 3-D treatment. Available exclusively at NeimanMarcus.com, the online boutique is modeled on Blahnik's Manhattan shop and features 13 different pairs of shoes for sale and original sketches of his collection. Computer generated video allows customers to browse the entire store and click on a particular shoe to see a close-up view, just as they would in a bricks and mortar environment. Sunlight or moonlight shines through the windows depending on what time the site is accessed. The virtual boutique was created by RichFX, an e-commerce infrastructure company offering innovative technology for online shopping."Manolo Blahnik's collection of distinctive ladies shoes has been selling exceptionally well since we launched our e-commerce website last October,"said Karen Katz, president and CEO of Neiman Marcus Direct. "Combining this exciting technology with women's passion for shoes makes for a perfect fit."The fall launch of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022