USA: NeimanMarcus.com Opens 3-D Blahnik Boutique
Just as a new study announces that women outnumber men online in the US, Neiman Marcus unveils its enhanced website for the fall season. NeimanMarcus.com features a completely new look and over 100 specialized boutiques, including the first place on the Internet where consumers with a standard modem or broadband connection speed can browse through a life-like, three-dimensional shopping environment with the look, feel and sensations of a real store.Designer Manolo Blahnik, whose shoes are preferred by Hollywood's elite, was chosen as the first vendor to receive the 3-D treatment. Available exclusively at NeimanMarcus.com, the online boutique is modeled on Blahnik's Manhattan shop and features 13 different pairs of shoes for sale and original sketches of his collection. Computer generated video allows customers to browse the entire store and click on a particular shoe to see a close-up view, just as they would in a bricks and mortar environment. Sunlight or moonlight shines through the windows depending on what time the site is accessed. The virtual boutique was created by RichFX, an e-commerce infrastructure company offering innovative technology for online shopping."Manolo Blahnik's collection of distinctive ladies shoes has been selling exceptionally well since we launched our e-commerce website last October,"said Karen Katz, president and CEO of Neiman Marcus Direct. "Combining this exciting technology with women's passion for shoes makes for a perfect fit."The fall launch of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts