USA: NeimanMarcus.com Uses "Technology With A Human Touch"
RichFX Inc, provider of breakthrough e-commerce technology solutions, announced the launch today of the most advanced shopping experience on the Internet using RichFX Environments at NeimanMarcus.com. RichFX Environments provides shoppers with immersive, highly sensory, three-dimensional shopping even over dial-up modems. It creates a true physical presence on the web that allows consumers to "walk" through stores, browse, zoom in and interact with products. Through its proprietary compression technology, RichFX delivers this experience using computer-generated video that can be delivered without added delay even over standard dial-up modems - still the standard Internet connection method for 95 percent of users. NeimanMarcus.com is the first major online retailer to use RichFX environments. The site showcases the work of shoe designer Manolo Blahnik, the popular shoe designer. Tal Kerret, CEO and co-founder of RichFX Inc, said: "We are very excited that Neiman Marcus, one of the world's premiere specialty retailers, has entrusted us to create the ultimate shopping experience for Manolo Blahnik, one of the fashion industry's favorite artists. We are helping Neiman Marcus extend its high-quality brand online with technology that allows consumers to shop effortlessly in an environment that mirrors the site's stylish bricks and mortar counterpart. "By using RichFX technology, shoppers can easily browse through the magnificent artistic collection of the latest Manolo Blahnik designs in a boutique modeled on Blahnik's Manhattan shop - and to add to the realism, depending on what time of day they enter the store, they can shop by the sunlight or moonlight shining through the boutique window. Our goal is to create the most enjoyable shopping experience on the Internet. It's e-commerce with a human touch," Mr Kerret said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022