New 3D PLM platform enables faster decision making
Optitex's 3D digital sampling software is increasingly used in the fashion industry
Electronics For Imaging's Optitex software unit has integrated its software with PLM provider PTC, allowing apparel brands to leverage 3D technology to review and validate collections within a few weeks of design.
The collaboration gives retailers and brands the ability to connect the EFI Optitex 3D Visual Platform with PTC's FlexPLM solution. They will also be able to collaborate at a much faster rate within their organisations, and with their customers and supply chain partners, to enable more time for design changes, make better decisions and make better products.
According to the two companies, with the increasing adoption of 3D digital sampling in the fashion industry, the integration of a 3D platform with a PLM system allows for all content to be managed at an enterprise PLM level, both internally and externally, providing organisations with an end-end solution to plan, create, develop, source, and cost throughout their whole product lifecycle.
"3D digital products are becoming a competitive advantage in the fashion industry, enabling an order of magnitude faster development and collection review, with market validation, sell-in and merchandising happening earlier than ever before," says Asaf Landau, EFI Optitex general manager.
"We see PLM integration as a critical step in enabling our customers to leverage their 3D Visual Platform throughout the product lifecycle, and are very excited to be partnering with PTC as our first integration. Brands and retailers using this leading PLM will now be able to make better decisions, earlier. That will lead them to go to market with better apparel products."
The integrated offering is scheduled to launch this year, with the first version expected to provide full document control and management, library synchronisation of fabrics, artworks and colourways, and bill of materials extraction directly from EFI Optitex software.
EFI Optitex software is one of the leading integrated 2D CAD and 3D Digital Product technologies for the textile industry. PTC is a global provider of PLM solutions, along with the ThingWorx Internet of Things (IoT) technology platform.
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textiles sector, including: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; business news; closures; financial news; inv...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: anti-pollen textiles; environmentally sustainable denim; environmentally sustainable fib...
Swiss running shoe company On Running has invested in a field testing mobile app to drive product innovation and performance....
Centric Software has unveiled the latest version of its Adobe Illustrator module in a move the company says has built a "comprehensive, cohesive link" between Centric product lifecycle management (PLM...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack