US: New artificial leather uses biobased technology
Flokser Group division Poliser is using DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products’ Susterra 1,3-propanediol (PDO) as a biobased building block for its new artificial leather fabric.
The new artificial leather is being developed using a polyester polyol based on PDO succinate, with the crossliner being Susterra, DuPont Tate & Lyle said.
The company added that production of biobased propanediol was claimed to use up to 40% less greenhouse gas emissions and 40% less non-renewable energy in its production, versus petroleum-based glycols.
“The new artificial leather from Flokser is a unique product, combining biobased technology with the highest standards of performance and quality,” said Steve Hurff, marketing and sales vice-president at DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products.
Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
"If indigo was invented today, we would never approve it.” Andrew Olah, founder of the Kingpins denim show, and of Olah Inc., a textile marketing, development, and sales agency in the US. Comments...read more
This report provides information on the latest developments in composites, environmentally friendly polymers, fabrics for protective apparel, fibres for technical textiles, new materials and smart clo...
Science-based products giant DuPont is consolidating its corporate headquarters following a review of separation of assets and real estate, which saw the spin off of its performance chemicals business...
Technical textiles are textile products (fibers and materials) that are manufactured and used for their functionality rather than their aesthetic value. The Technical Textiles industry serves end-user...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019