US: New artificial leather uses biobased technology
Flokser Group division Poliser is using DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products’ Susterra 1,3-propanediol (PDO) as a biobased building block for its new artificial leather fabric.
The new artificial leather is being developed using a polyester polyol based on PDO succinate, with the crossliner being Susterra, DuPont Tate & Lyle said.
The company added that production of biobased propanediol was claimed to use up to 40% less greenhouse gas emissions and 40% less non-renewable energy in its production, versus petroleum-based glycols.
“The new artificial leather from Flokser is a unique product, combining biobased technology with the highest standards of performance and quality,” said Steve Hurff, marketing and sales vice-president at DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products.
Technical textiles are textile products (fibers and materials) that are manufactured and used for their functionality rather than their aesthetic value. The Technical Textiles industry serves end-user...
Science-based products giant DuPont is consolidating its corporate headquarters following a review of separation of assets and real estate, which saw the spin off of its performance chemicals business...
DuPont Microcircuit Materials has developed a line of stretchable electronic ink materials for use in smart clothing applications and other wearable electronics....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Apparel firms making progress on preferred fibres
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape