US: New artificial leather uses biobased technology
Flokser Group division Poliser is using DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products’ Susterra 1,3-propanediol (PDO) as a biobased building block for its new artificial leather fabric.
The new artificial leather is being developed using a polyester polyol based on PDO succinate, with the crossliner being Susterra, DuPont Tate & Lyle said.
The company added that production of biobased propanediol was claimed to use up to 40% less greenhouse gas emissions and 40% less non-renewable energy in its production, versus petroleum-based glycols.
“The new artificial leather from Flokser is a unique product, combining biobased technology with the highest standards of performance and quality,” said Steve Hurff, marketing and sales vice-president at DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products.
Technical textiles are textile products (fibers and materials) that are manufactured and used for their functionality rather than their aesthetic value. The Technical Textiles industry serves end-user...
Science-based products giant DuPont is consolidating its corporate headquarters following a review of separation of assets and real estate, which saw the spin off of its performance chemicals business...
DuPont Microcircuit Materials has developed a line of stretchable electronic ink materials for use in smart clothing applications and other wearable electronics....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)