FRANCE: New automated warehouse for Amer Sports
Logistics firm Norbert Dentressangle is building a new automated warehouse to support an extension of its contract with sporting goods company Amer Sports.
Under the new 10-year deal, Norbert Dentressangle will be responsible for the European logistics operation of all Amer's clothing, footwear and cycling ranges.
Headquartered in Finland, Amer Sports group's brands include Mavic (cycling), Wilson (racquet and ball sports), Suunto (sports watches and instruments), Salomon, Arc'teryx and Atomic (winter sports).
The new, 52,000 square metre automated warehouse at Saint Vulbas in the Lyon area of France is expected to be complete in 2015 and will help reduce order processing time and optimise the use of storage space.
The new contract forms part of a reconfiguration of Amer Sports' supply chain that aims to improve customer service levels, grow sales and rationalise logistics costs.
Norbert Dentressangle will provide goods receipt, warehousing, order picking and preparation, delayed product customisation and despatch services to customers, including major distribution companies, retail chains and independent stores.
Previously, the logistics relationship between Norbert Dentressangle and Amer Sports just covered the Mavic brand.
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation