FRANCE: New automated warehouse for Amer Sports
Logistics firm Norbert Dentressangle is building a new automated warehouse to support an extension of its contract with sporting goods company Amer Sports.
Under the new 10-year deal, Norbert Dentressangle will be responsible for the European logistics operation of all Amer's clothing, footwear and cycling ranges.
Headquartered in Finland, Amer Sports group's brands include Mavic (cycling), Wilson (racquet and ball sports), Suunto (sports watches and instruments), Salomon, Arc'teryx and Atomic (winter sports).
The new, 52,000 square metre automated warehouse at Saint Vulbas in the Lyon area of France is expected to be complete in 2015 and will help reduce order processing time and optimise the use of storage space.
The new contract forms part of a reconfiguration of Amer Sports' supply chain that aims to improve customer service levels, grow sales and rationalise logistics costs.
Norbert Dentressangle will provide goods receipt, warehousing, order picking and preparation, delayed product customisation and despatch services to customers, including major distribution companies, retail chains and independent stores.
Previously, the logistics relationship between Norbert Dentressangle and Amer Sports just covered the Mavic brand.
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019