FRANCE: New automated warehouse for Amer Sports
Logistics firm Norbert Dentressangle is building a new automated warehouse to support an extension of its contract with sporting goods company Amer Sports.
Under the new 10-year deal, Norbert Dentressangle will be responsible for the European logistics operation of all Amer's clothing, footwear and cycling ranges.
Headquartered in Finland, Amer Sports group's brands include Mavic (cycling), Wilson (racquet and ball sports), Suunto (sports watches and instruments), Salomon, Arc'teryx and Atomic (winter sports).
The new, 52,000 square metre automated warehouse at Saint Vulbas in the Lyon area of France is expected to be complete in 2015 and will help reduce order processing time and optimise the use of storage space.
The new contract forms part of a reconfiguration of Amer Sports' supply chain that aims to improve customer service levels, grow sales and rationalise logistics costs.
Norbert Dentressangle will provide goods receipt, warehousing, order picking and preparation, delayed product customisation and despatch services to customers, including major distribution companies, retail chains and independent stores.
Previously, the logistics relationship between Norbert Dentressangle and Amer Sports just covered the Mavic brand.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape