FRANCE: New automated warehouse for Amer Sports
Logistics firm Norbert Dentressangle is building a new automated warehouse to support an extension of its contract with sporting goods company Amer Sports.
Under the new 10-year deal, Norbert Dentressangle will be responsible for the European logistics operation of all Amer's clothing, footwear and cycling ranges.
Headquartered in Finland, Amer Sports group's brands include Mavic (cycling), Wilson (racquet and ball sports), Suunto (sports watches and instruments), Salomon, Arc'teryx and Atomic (winter sports).
The new, 52,000 square metre automated warehouse at Saint Vulbas in the Lyon area of France is expected to be complete in 2015 and will help reduce order processing time and optimise the use of storage space.
The new contract forms part of a reconfiguration of Amer Sports' supply chain that aims to improve customer service levels, grow sales and rationalise logistics costs.
Norbert Dentressangle will provide goods receipt, warehousing, order picking and preparation, delayed product customisation and despatch services to customers, including major distribution companies, retail chains and independent stores.
Previously, the logistics relationship between Norbert Dentressangle and Amer Sports just covered the Mavic brand.
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts