BANGLADESH: New Bangladesh denim sourcing show launches
A new apparel sourcing event will launch next month for European, US, and Asian buyers looking to source denim products made in Bangladesh.
The Denimsandjeans.com Bangladesh show, in association with export company Denim Expert Ltd will take place on 1 March at Hotel Radisson in Dhaka, and will bring together denim and related companies from the US, Italy, Japan, Brazil, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Singapore.
Bangladesh, the second largest producer of denim apparel, ships more than 185m pieces of denim jeans around the world, and has more than 5,600 factories concentrated around Dhaka.
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- M&S continuing to drive sustainability agenda
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty