US: New bids to threaten J Crew buyout?
Reports suggest that Sears and Urban Outfitters are both looking into bidding for the business, despite the presence of an agreed $3bn buyout from TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners.
Under the terms of the acquisition process, J Crew may still solicit competing offers until the end of next week (15 January).
Neither Sears nor Urban Outfitters has so far indicated that they will make an offer for the business, however.
None of the companies involved have commented publicly on the matter.
US fashion retailer J Crew has announced it will open its first store in Canada at Toronto's Yorkdale Shopping Centre later this year....
Speedo USA has selected global e-commerce platform provider ChannelAdvisor to expand its e-commerce channels....
US clothing retailer J Crew has swung to a net loss for the first quarter of the year, following costs associated with its acquisition. ...
Retailer Urban Outfitters recorded a 27% cut to first quarter profits, but voiced confidence in the company's future after rises in direct-to-consumer and wholesale revenues....
Levi Strauss & Co has promoted Anne Rohosy as executive vice president and president of its global Dockers brand, tasking her with all product, marketing and business operations....
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has named Stephen Murray as president of Europe, Middle East and Africa, overseeing subsidiary and distributor businesses which include the Ugg Australia, Teva, Tsubo and S...
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters has announced the resignation of Stephen Murray from his position as global president of the Urban Outfitters brand....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack