UK: New board for UK Fashion & Textile Association
The UK Fashion & Textile Association (UKFT) has reconstituted a new, smaller board to be the driving force in revitalising the industry-wide body.
The nine-member board has been elected by the previous board to create a more dynamic and strategic decision-making group. It will also be tasked with raising the profile and increasing the income of the UKFT.
“The new board members bring with them an immense amount of experience across a wide number of business sectors and I know that together we will achieve a great deal for the industry,” says Peter Lucas, UKFT chairman.
John Miln, former deputy chairman and treasurer of UKFT and currently consulting with the board on strategy and governance, is to step up to be acting chief executive.
John, who has had a long career in the fashion and apparel industry, including periods with Coats Viyella, Pringle, Pepe Jeans, Tommy Hilfiger, Michelsons and Phillips Van Heusen Corp, will guide the board as it sets out the future of the organisation.
In addition, Adam Mansell will be altering his role at the end of October to become a consultant to the UKFT. Adam, who has been with the organisation for almost 16 years, has been chief operating officer for the past year.
The new UKFT Board comprises: UKFT chairman Peter Lucas (chairman and CEO, Baird Group); Simon Berwin (managing director, Berwin & Berwin); Belinda Dickson (CEO, Belinda Robertson); Nigel Lugg (group CEO, Prominent Apparel); Bill Macbeth (managing director, Textile Centre of Excellence); Stewart McGuffie (CEO, Allied Textiles); Ken Scates (president, National Childrenswear Association); Murray Simpson (CE0, Textile Services Association); Martin Strzelecki (joint CEO, Henri Lloyd).
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 March) revealed plans to commit $1m to improving conditions in Bangladesh's garment factories - as an ABC News report prepares to criticise it for continuing to source...
Former Tommy Hilfiger executive George Carrara has today (13 March) been named as the new finance and operations chief at apparel firm Liz Claiborne Inc....
Apparel group PVH is to take the European sales and distribution of its ck Calvin Klein brand back in-house, exercising its right to re-acquire the licensing agreement with Warnaco....
Apparel giant PVH Corp has increased its earnings guidance for fiscal 2011, but warned that the first half of 2012 would be impacted by margin pressures....
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Esquel CEO says automation core to competitiveness
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- VF Corp and Kohl's join White House climate pledge
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Adidas develops high-tech swimwear range
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory