UK: New board for UK Fashion & Textile Association
The UK Fashion & Textile Association (UKFT) has reconstituted a new, smaller board to be the driving force in revitalising the industry-wide body.
The nine-member board has been elected by the previous board to create a more dynamic and strategic decision-making group. It will also be tasked with raising the profile and increasing the income of the UKFT.
“The new board members bring with them an immense amount of experience across a wide number of business sectors and I know that together we will achieve a great deal for the industry,” says Peter Lucas, UKFT chairman.
John Miln, former deputy chairman and treasurer of UKFT and currently consulting with the board on strategy and governance, is to step up to be acting chief executive.
John, who has had a long career in the fashion and apparel industry, including periods with Coats Viyella, Pringle, Pepe Jeans, Tommy Hilfiger, Michelsons and Phillips Van Heusen Corp, will guide the board as it sets out the future of the organisation.
In addition, Adam Mansell will be altering his role at the end of October to become a consultant to the UKFT. Adam, who has been with the organisation for almost 16 years, has been chief operating officer for the past year.
The new UKFT Board comprises: UKFT chairman Peter Lucas (chairman and CEO, Baird Group); Simon Berwin (managing director, Berwin & Berwin); Belinda Dickson (CEO, Belinda Robertson); Nigel Lugg (group CEO, Prominent Apparel); Bill Macbeth (managing director, Textile Centre of Excellence); Stewart McGuffie (CEO, Allied Textiles); Ken Scates (president, National Childrenswear Association); Murray Simpson (CE0, Textile Services Association); Martin Strzelecki (joint CEO, Henri Lloyd).
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 March) revealed plans to commit $1m to improving conditions in Bangladesh's garment factories - as an ABC News report prepares to criticise it for continuing to source...
Former Tommy Hilfiger executive George Carrara has today (13 March) been named as the new finance and operations chief at apparel firm Liz Claiborne Inc....
Apparel group PVH is to take the European sales and distribution of its ck Calvin Klein brand back in-house, exercising its right to re-acquire the licensing agreement with Warnaco....
Apparel giant PVH Corp has increased its earnings guidance for fiscal 2011, but warned that the first half of 2012 would be impacted by margin pressures....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar