US: New brand presidents for Dressbarn and Maurices
Ascena Retail Group Inc has promoted two executives as brand presidents for its Dressbarn And Maurices chains.
Jeff Gerstel is the new president of Dressbarn, and George Goldfarb will lead Maurices, with immediate effect. Both executives will report to David Jaffe, the group's president and CEO.
Gerstel joined Dressbarn in November 2006 as senior vice president of operations overseeing stores, physical operations and lease administration. Most recently, he has served as its EVP-chief operating officer.
Goldfarb joined Maurices in 1985, and has led several areas of the organisation including finance, real estate and planning/allocation. He joined the Maurices' senior leadership team in 2003 as chief financial officer and, most recently, served as its EVP-chief operating officer.
"This structure better positions each brand for the future, and allows me more time to focus on Ascena's growth," Jaffe noted. The company operates 836 Dressbarn stores and 797 Maurices stores.
Ascena Retail Group saw third-quarter net income decline on the back of charges relating to its acquisition of Charming Shoppes. ...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)