US: New brand presidents for Dressbarn and Maurices
Ascena Retail Group Inc has promoted two executives as brand presidents for its Dressbarn And Maurices chains.
Jeff Gerstel is the new president of Dressbarn, and George Goldfarb will lead Maurices, with immediate effect. Both executives will report to David Jaffe, the group's president and CEO.
Gerstel joined Dressbarn in November 2006 as senior vice president of operations overseeing stores, physical operations and lease administration. Most recently, he has served as its EVP-chief operating officer.
Goldfarb joined Maurices in 1985, and has led several areas of the organisation including finance, real estate and planning/allocation. He joined the Maurices' senior leadership team in 2003 as chief financial officer and, most recently, served as its EVP-chief operating officer.
"This structure better positions each brand for the future, and allows me more time to focus on Ascena's growth," Jaffe noted. The company operates 836 Dressbarn stores and 797 Maurices stores.
Ascena Retail Group saw third-quarter net income decline on the back of charges relating to its acquisition of Charming Shoppes. ...
- Capacity building key to Myanmar momentum
- Apparel buyers point to potential in Africa
- Three tipping points for RFID in fashion
- Sourcing in Africa: An alternative to Asia?
- Sourcing in Africa: Foreign investment flows in
- VF Corp lifts outlook despite Q1 profit fall
- SOURCING: Global sourcing snapshots launch
- Garment group reiterates labour rights commitment
- Wal-Mart silent on Rana Plaza lawsuit
- Coats launches “innovative” reflective thread