US: New brand presidents for Dressbarn and Maurices
Ascena Retail Group Inc has promoted two executives as brand presidents for its Dressbarn And Maurices chains.
Jeff Gerstel is the new president of Dressbarn, and George Goldfarb will lead Maurices, with immediate effect. Both executives will report to David Jaffe, the group's president and CEO.
Gerstel joined Dressbarn in November 2006 as senior vice president of operations overseeing stores, physical operations and lease administration. Most recently, he has served as its EVP-chief operating officer.
Goldfarb joined Maurices in 1985, and has led several areas of the organisation including finance, real estate and planning/allocation. He joined the Maurices' senior leadership team in 2003 as chief financial officer and, most recently, served as its EVP-chief operating officer.
"This structure better positions each brand for the future, and allows me more time to focus on Ascena's growth," Jaffe noted. The company operates 836 Dressbarn stores and 797 Maurices stores.
Ascena Retail Group saw third-quarter net income decline on the back of charges relating to its acquisition of Charming Shoppes. ...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape