US: New brand presidents for Dressbarn and Maurices
Ascena Retail Group Inc has promoted two executives as brand presidents for its Dressbarn And Maurices chains.
Jeff Gerstel is the new president of Dressbarn, and George Goldfarb will lead Maurices, with immediate effect. Both executives will report to David Jaffe, the group's president and CEO.
Gerstel joined Dressbarn in November 2006 as senior vice president of operations overseeing stores, physical operations and lease administration. Most recently, he has served as its EVP-chief operating officer.
Goldfarb joined Maurices in 1985, and has led several areas of the organisation including finance, real estate and planning/allocation. He joined the Maurices' senior leadership team in 2003 as chief financial officer and, most recently, served as its EVP-chief operating officer.
"This structure better positions each brand for the future, and allows me more time to focus on Ascena's growth," Jaffe noted. The company operates 836 Dressbarn stores and 797 Maurices stores.
Ascena Retail Group saw third-quarter net income decline on the back of charges relating to its acquisition of Charming Shoppes. ...
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020