US: New Calvin Klein structure from Warnaco
Company president and CEO Helen McCluskey said segmenting the Calvin Klein business into creative and commercial parts would help increase market share, grow the direct-to-consumer business and expand into new markets.
Karyn Hillman has been appointed to lead the creative segment as chief merchandising officer for Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Jeans Accessories.
Hillman takes up the new position at the company on 2 April, having most recently been senior vice president at Gap, overseeing merchandising for Gap Women’s, Men’s, Accessories and GapBody.
Meanwhile, Mark Whyman has been promoted to head up the commercial arm in the new position of chief commercial officer, Calvin Klein, having most recently served as MD of Warnaco Asia Pacific region.
“The organisational changes and key appointments we are announcing are an important step in further strengthening and positioning Warnaco to accelerate growth of our Calvin Klein businesses and maximise their potential across the globe, particularly as our direct-to-consumer channels become a larger part of our business,” said McCluskey.
The revamp of apparel group Warnaco's operations - in terms of both channels and regions - has been hindered by external factors including one-off charges and currency fluctuations....
German retailer Tchibo has become the second company to commit to a programme that aims to improve fire and building safety in the Bangladesh ready-made garment industry....
As information continues to emerge on the devastating fire that killed around 300 workers at a garment factory in Pakistan earlier this week, brands sourcing from the country are being urged to undert...
US footwear and apparel company The Jones Group has appointed Kathy Nedorostek to the newly-created position of group president of global footwear and accessories....
Calvin Klein, a subsidiary of apparel group PVH Corp, has revealed it will open its latest free-standing lifestyle store in Alberta, Canada next month....
Apparel group PVH Corp raised its full-year guidance on the back of better-than-expected second quarter profit growth, led by the company's Tommy Hilfiger brand....
Lingerie and activewear manufacturer Tefron has swung to a second-quarter net profit on the back of increased sales of seamless apparel....
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis