New campaign to raise profile of American wool
US wool growers are hoping to raise the profile of American wool as an all-natural, sustainable fibre through a new marketing campaign and product tags.
The American Wool Council, a division of the American Sheep Industry Association (ASI), has spent months consulting on a new logo, which it says brings the industry's image up to par with the products being created and reflects the strength of American wool.
"It's vital for the wool industry that consumers recognise the value of American wool," said ASI director of wool marketing, Rita Kourlis Samuelson. "When you look at wool and its values, you come back to a natural, premium product that performs at a high level in a variety of circumstances. It can be sophisticated and beautiful, but it can also be innovative and dynamic. American wool is known for its unparalleled loft and versatility. The benefits of wool simply can't be matched by any other natural fibre."
The logo will be featured on product tags and in advertising to the international wool trade community, along with appearing in promotions for wool customers. Two variations of the logo will be used, with one for products made in America and another for those made elsewhere using American wool. A new consumer-orientated website is also in the pipeline.
"The American spirit is alive in the fibre, fleece and fabric of natural American Wool," states an international advertisement featuring the new logo. "This is where happy, healthy sheep are raised to thrive in vast, open ranchlands."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report