CHINA: New Chain Store Wal-Mart's Largest Ever
Wal-Mart is to open its biggest chain store in Dalian, a coastal city in northeast China's Liaoning Province, the Xinhua News Agency reported today.This will be the retailer's ninth chain store in China and its second in Dalian City. The new store, scheduled to open in April next year, is 21,000 sq m, making it Wal-Mart's largest store in the world.Wal-Mart has opened eight chain stores in China's Shenzhen, Dongguan, Kunming, and Dalian with a total investment of 1.1 billion yuan ($132.5m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022