UK: New Chairman For British Shops And Stores Association
British Shops and Stores Association (BSSA), which represents over 3,000 non-food retailers in the SME sector, is to have a new chairman this month. Christopher Scotney, who runs Christopher Scotney Ltd in Leicester, is to take over the chair from Jane Cox of Allen's of Olney Limited.When asked of the challenges that had faced her during her tenure, Jane said: "The recruitment of a new chief executive was an interesting experience, together with the need to build up membership of the Association. A membership drive has resulted in a 13 per cent year-on-year increase for the past two years and the trend is continuing."Christopher Scotney feels the challenges facing the retail sector have never been so great, particularly in terms of lifestyle changes, demographic shifts, globisation and the challenge of eÐcommerce. "These are all issues on which BSSA can provide support to its members as well as representing their views to Government, particularly through the British Retail Consortium and the Small Business Service," said Mr Scotney. "We are in interesting times where dialogue and agility in the market will reap rewards."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective