US: New company to develop ABA licensed basketball apparel
The American Basketball Association (ABA) and International Apparel Group Inc are setting up a new company to develop team apparel and retail merchandise.
ABA Apparel LLC will have the exclusive rights to ABA officially licensed basketball apparel in a move intended to maximise the profitability of the league and its teams.
The ABA anticipates that an more than 60 teams will be playing in the US, Canada and Mexico for the 2007-2008 season and it expects the league to grow to its target of 100 teams over the next 4-5 years.
International Apparel Group, a division of Total Luxury Group, makes and sells apparel to major retailers and distributors around the world. Customers include US sneaker and athletic apparel brand Converse, and Randy Moss Clothing, a new line from one of the NFL's highest profile players.
Total Luxury Group has signed an exclusive licensing agreement to develop active wear and lifestyle apparel products under the Pony label....
Total Luxury Group has named Janon Costley, its chief operating officer and president of apparel operations, as interim chairman effective immediately....
Total Luxury Group Inc is to spin off its apparel operations, including its subsidiary International Apparel Group and its private label business....
Logistics firm Serec is to handle all warehousing and fulfilment requirements for Total Luxury Group's apparel division....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020