GERMANY: New dates inked for WRC 2010
The annual World Retail Congress (WRC) 2010 has been rearranged for 25-27 October in Berlin, having been postponed this week due to the volcanic ash cloud in Europe.
The organisers confirmed that the congress will take place in Berlin at the InterContinental Hotel, and the Oracle World Retail Awards and Gala Dinner at The German Historic Museum, on the evening of the 26 October.
The World Retail Hall of Fame will be held at the Berlin Ritz Carlton on the evening of the 25 October.
Organisers have confirmed that Michael Gould, of Bloomingdale’s and Heinz Krogner, of Esprit, will speak at the congress, which was delayed due to "unprecedented disruption to international travel".
Michael Jary, global managing partner of sponsor OC&C Strategy Consultants, said: "OC&C Strategy Consultants are sorry that the congress couldn’t go ahead as planned in April. But as a key partner of the congress and sponsors of the World Retail Hall of Fame, we are delighted to confirm our support for the new dates in October."
Marks & Spencer plans to open its first store in Egypt later this year with franchise partner Al Futtaim. just-style takes this opportunity to take a deeper look at the Egyptian retail sector with the...
Chinese retailer Esprit Holdings Limited has posted declines in full-year sales and profit, citing the "tough macro environment". ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020