USA: New Delivery Process Saves ShoeSource Staff Time
Staff at thousands of US shoe stores are spending more time on the shop floor and less time in stockrooms thanks to a new high-tech deliveries check-in process.
Employees at 4,000 Payless ShoeSource stores are saving up to 30 minutes a week as the automated process allows them to process new deliveries faster and more efficiently.
It also frees delivery drivers from having to wait for a store associate to check in inventory ordered for the store as the third-party delivery agents scan the boxes themselves with a hand-held scanner, then download the scanner data into the store's computer using a password.
Speaking at the Council of Logistics Management in Kansas City this week, Joseph Neal, vice president of logistics at Payless ShoeSource, said: "The stores are staffed by one to two people, and that person would be pulled off the store floor to deal with deliveries.
"But with the new system, we've found that accuracy improves because the delivery agents don't feel a need to rush."
He added that the proprietary system automatically reconciles the delivered goods to a store's allocation and adds the products to the store's inventor, with the technology due to be extended into the firm's 235 stores in Canada shortly.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Companies: Payless ShoeSource Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Payless ShoeSource is launching a designer footwear collection, designed by Laura Poretzky, which will be unveiled at New York Fashion Week....
Footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource plans to open a second product replenishment facility in the western US....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' November sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Family footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource said better sales and favourable pricing boosted its third-quarter profit to $21.9 million compared to earnings of $6.6m last year....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' September sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Specialty family footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource Inc has completed its previously announced senior management succession....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report