GERMANY: New Dyeing Process Mimics Old Fabrics
Being marketed as the S16 process, different variants are available.
Rustic finishes using surface effects such as streaks or stripes are promised with the Paradise variant which comes in natural and fruit-inspired colourways. The Pearl version is most suited to fragile, feminine appeal fabrics dyed to soft shades or pale neutrals.
Monolith is the variant recommended for use on coarse weave fabrics such as fashion fabrics borrowed from the workwear scene and particularly for corduroys. Colour choices are either monochrome or metallic.
Last but not least, Modular is the look for fabrics employing techno fibres such as Coolmax, Cordura or Lycra T 400, or fabrics given a Teflon easy-care finish. The colour story for this variant is multi-toned, often making use of bright colour highlights.
By Sonia Roberts
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Première Vision remains the active, innovative and creative face of the global textile industry, and the latest show in September was no exception says Sapna Arora. The traditional textile strongholds...
The Turkish denim industry has many competitive advantages in the international market, particularly in terms of its quality, extensive product range and designs. Denim accounts for 30 per cent of Tur...
Under the banners of 'Focusing on Innovation' and 'Face Your Visions - Discover the Future of Clothing,' the Techtextil and Avantex exhibitions and symposiums were held in tandem in Frankfurt earlier ...
Italian tanners are working hard to compete in an increasingly competitive international market. The latest Lineapelle showcased a wealth of attractive, colourful, richly detailed leathers for summer ...
European polyester producer AdvanSA has introduced Coolmax into the women's ready-to-wear market....
Protective equestrian wear brand Airowear is entering the rugby apparel sector with a new collection of protective apparel....
Fibers Mexico, an affiliate of fibre giant Invista, has bought Alfa's stake in its apparel business facility in Monterrey, Mexico. The financial terms of the sale were not disclosed....
Karsu Textile has signed a deal with Europe's biggest yarn supplier, Advansa, to produce its branded Coolmax and Thermolite yarns in Turkey....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar