USA: New ESI Module Helps JCPenney Deliveries
A new software module that will help suppliers meet the requirements of JCPenney's TMS Dynamic Routing Initiative programme has been created by EDI Support Inc (ESI), the maker of EDI solutions for apparel and footwear suppliers.
TMS is a mandatory transportation programme that changes the pre-shipment procedure for orders that are ready to ship, and is already being replicated by other leading retailers such as Target and Kohl's.
For supplier, the benefits of TMS include getting the merchandise on the shelves more quickly, which could mean an increase in sales for both companies. The programme also eliminates expense offsets for transportation. TMS allows JCPenney to better manage its freight costs through consolidating shipments and routing, while also reducing transit times.
ESI's module sends pre-shipment data to the supplier and receives the shipping instructions back. It transmits a 753, Request for Routing Instructions document, to JCPenney prior to shipment and will then receive a 754, Routing Instructions document, back from JCPenney letting the supplier know how to ship the order.
Kohl's Corporation is mounting a search for a new chief operating officer after Arlene Meier announced she will retire from her position at the end of the year....
Retailer JCPenney and tailored clothing company Bagir said they are launching their machine-washable and dryable suit separates in more than 500 department stores this month....
Kohl's Corporation has reported a 19.7% jump in full year net income as sales also experienced a double-digit increase....
JCPenney has introduced a new private apparel brand for the women's market called a.n.a....
Mid-priced department store retailer Kohl's has boosted third-quarter profit by 15.3 per cent after concentrating on new brands....
Specialty department store operator Kohl's Corporation has unveiled a set of financial objectives and growth strategies for the next five years....
Department store retailer Kohl's Corp says second-quarter net income jumped 27.4 per cent as new brands went down well in stores....
Maternity apparel company Mothers Work Inc has reported a drop in third-quarter earnings after suffering from unexpectedly low sales....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020