UK: New event to focus on product innovation in apparel
The challenges and opportunities offered by modern technology in apparel product development will be the focus of a new event taking place next month - where speakers from PVH, Deckers Outdoor, VF International, Marc Jacobs, and United Colors of Benetton will share their experiences.
The two-day forum called Product Innovation Apparel, or PI Apparel 2013 for short, is being held in London on 16-17 July.
It will discuss the methods and tools available to harmonise design, development, and the global supply chain through a series of case studies, panel discussions and product showcases.
The following sessions are planned:
- How essential is technology in supporting the paradigm shift in apparel industry operations and supply chain?
- Utilising technology platforms to maximise collaboration and boost efficient operations.
- Utilising a collaboration system programme in supporting fast fashion channels.
- Enabling new designer integration and fast fashion launch with cloud and related technologies
- Creating the omni-channel retail experience
- How can sustainability drive innovation in product design and overall supply chain?
- Matching business needs and maturity to the most relevant technology platform.
just-style has secured a special rate for delegates that includes access to think tanks and focus groups for detailed discussions with peers, as well as the opportunity for dedicated one to one meetings with specific delegates and suppliers of interest.
Click here for more details.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
PVH Corp says it is on track with the integration of the Warnaco business it bought earlier this year, despite the fact acquisition costs pushed the apparel giant to a second-quarter loss....
PVH Corp has inked a license deal with BH Fashion Retailers to market apparel and accessories for the Izod and Van Heusen brands in the Philippines....
US apparel business PVH Corporation has completed the sale of its GH Bass & Co footwear brand to women's wear maker G-III Apparel Group in a deal worth US$50m....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields